Friday, September 14, 2007

Stepping Out

Every month most of the galleries and other businesses downtown stay open so that patrons can view the fantastic art there.

Actually, this is a tradition held by several towns in our area. The only unfortunate thing is that not only does one have to choose which galleries to go to, it is also necessary to choose which town's event you will attend, because for whatever reason, several of the events happen on the same night, and it is just not humanly possible to get to every place.

While by my nature, I am inclined to stay at home, I love going out and seeing what other artists are doing. It helps me grow. I get to see something from someone else's perspective. It doesn't matter the medium, I can gather information from all of them. Sometimes, I see something that helps me with a challenge I am currently facing. Other times I get to appreciate how someone else sees the world in such a completely different way. I have the opportunity to drink in the energy and skill of so many artists every month. What a blessing that is.

Some times the thought of having to choose where I am going to go is too much and I feel I should just stay home. This is when I have to push myself just to take the first step.

Thanks to the businesses who stay open these nights, for helping me to step out of my comfort zone.

No comments: