Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Taking Inspiration Where it Comes

I have been sketching more lately...some physical issues and time constraints have kept me out of the studio. Stone sculpting is not something that one can easily do for an hour or so! Too dusty for one thing. A shower is always in order after a carving session, no matter how short.

I have more ideas for pieces than I can possibly finish. Especially since I am always influenced by the stone and it may dictate an entirely different image than I have originally sketched out.

This time of year gives me so many inspirations--the colors, the feel of the air, the shapes of the leaves as they glide through the air, the geese flying in for winter, the doves feeding, the swirls created by fish, fowl and wind on the surface of the lakes and ponds.

I am learning to be gentle with myself. I sculpt because I love it. If I don't get in the studio that is okay because I am enjoying the world and life and gathering inspiration from every corner.

No comments: