Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Night On the Town

Day after tomorrow is going to be the 2nd Friday in October. 2nd Friday is one of my favorite days of the month. 2nd Friday is a time for me to get inspired and learn from other artists.

In our town, it is quite an event. Because Loveland is so arts oriented, 2nd Friday is like a celebration all year long, called "A Night On The Town".

There is usually a band playing downtown. Galleries and stores stay open until 9pm. People walk the sidewalks, window shopping and chatting. You see neighbors, and friends, and strangers. This event has become pretty well known and you can read more about it by clicking here.

Cowboys spill out of one venue as families stroll past and corporate types frequent another. There truly is something for everyone.

The challenge for me is that each gallery has a new show up every month...and I want to see them all! It is easy to get into a rhythm and see the same galleries month after month. This month I am making a conscious decision to go to a different one. It is a bit out of the way, so I haven't been there before, but it has lots and lots of sculpture--so it is about time!

Come join me this Friday--you know where I'll be--having a night on the town!

No comments: