Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Sites to View

I ran across some sculptor friends on Facebook (I'm new to this whole part of the internet)--I've added them to my recommended sites list but check out their work.

Stalin Tafura
is a native of Zimbabwe. He comes from a family of stone sculptors. I have had the privilege of working with both he and his mother, Agnes Nyanhongo. Strong, elegant lines that at once reflect and break away from the family style. This young man is proving himself an excellent craftsman as well as unique artist.

Lorri Acott-Fowler
works in clay and in bronze. Long legged images that provoke feelings of exploration, peace & harmony. Lorri brings a thoughtfulness to her work which is often filled with joy and light--not to be confused with being unsubstantial!

No comments: