Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back in the Studio

Having injured my shoulder (don't ask me how, because I don't know) I have not been able to be in the studio much for the past 6 months.

I've been busy with trips home to see my mother who was having some health issues...she seems to be pretty stable and accepting some help now, so that is good.

This week I have actually gotten in the studio twice! I am so happy.

Have a new little bird that I carved. Really I suppose it was more whittled since I'm not really up to hammer and chisel. Small piece of soft serpentine. Very easy to work.

I've done all the sanding, now I'm letting her dry. Then I'll see if I like what I've done or if I want to change any of the texture before I polish her and decide on her base.

Originally I had thought I would have a wall mounted piece as she is thin and really one sided. Now that she is done I'm thinking she would look great perched on a rock. I found a piece of igneous stone that would be a nice contrast. I'll have to think about that!

No comments: