Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Loveland Sculpture Invitational Only 5 Weeks Away

The Loveland Sculpture Invitational is only 5 weeks away!

I am busy preparing for the show. If you have never participated in a show like this then you have no idea of everything that is involved--this has been quite a learning experience for me!

Of course, you must have plenty of pieces ready for the show, that is obvious. That involves lots of sketching, contemplating, carving, polishing and creating bases or buying them and mounting the pieces to the bases.

In addition to that you have to have a sales tax license, display tables(s) and any cloths/fabrics you want to cover the tables and any display stands so you can vary the display height.

Then there is your advertising--submitting press releases, having business cards, creating a website (this is not a requirement, but I think it is a great idea.)

That being said, I am learning how to put up my first website! We'll see how that goes and I will post when the site it up. I am becoming more and more computer literate as this goes on. My first blog (this one) and then my first website!

Back to things you need--how to accept payment is a big one! I plan to sell many, many pieces. The group sponsoring the show will process credit card orders for us, if we don't get our own system in place. I plan to have mine all set up. I have the system, I am just missing one tiny component and that should be resolved by next week.

The count down has begun! I am excited and look forward to a successful show for Success In Stone!

No comments: