Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Testing 1--2--3

Well, I am having trouble again today. I started with the greatest of intentions of spending time in the studio.

My friend and neighbor, Frank, died yesterday.

I salute him, and the others I and the world have lost before him--and those since and in the future.

I have my first exhibition in over 20 years coming--it is in less than 1 month now. I struggle with creating while grieving. I have now lost 4 loved ones in 4 months. I am choosing to focus on the positive, but I confess that I struggle with that from time to time.

I decided today that I will have for this exhibition what I have. If I feel like creating something that is "different" from what I would otherwise create, that is okay. If I do not create anything new, that is okay. If I wake at 4am it is okay to go to the studio and work. What is, is. What will be, will be.

I am so grateful that I have the freedom and flexibility in my life to life, sleep, work as I choose.

Thank you to all the wonderful people in my life--those on earth and those beyond.

Celebrate life. Love. Laugh. Live.

Namaste.

No comments: